Friday, February 15, 2013

The Horse with No Fear


Author’s Note:  This piece is based on a picture shown to me in Language Arts. In the following creative piece I will set the scene for you to see what was truly behind this picture.  Please look for voice and how it sets a scene in your mind.

I was taking Billy, my horse for a little walk in the dark woods.  Many things that night were feeling weird, but I just didn’t know what.  The wind was whistling past my ears, like a ghost screaming.  After about an hour of riding my horse around, I felt  that something or someone was moving in the woods. It  looked liked Paul Revere on an invisible horse, but I wasn’t certain.  As I came closer to the object, I thought my mind was playing with me and nothing had occurred.

Still not certain of what I saw, something moved again and I was certain that the object was running right toward me. In disbelief, Billy and I just stood waiting to see what  was going to occur. As the ground rumbled like a little earthquake, a large figure on an invisible horse came straight at us and we knew nothing was going to stop it.

Billy turned to run, but fell on a log in the process.  The invisible horse slashed right through Billy and kept running on into the woods until we lost sight of them.  As I turn to see the dark bloody wound, there wasn’t one; all you could see was an invisible line taken off of the horses neck and upper stomach.  In disbelief not knowing what to do, Billy just stood there tall, just like nothing happened.  Is my mind just playing with me or what?



1 comment:

  1. I really like this creative piece. I found two points where figurative language is in your piece. You described your thoughts in this piece too which helps the description and the flow of the piece.

    ReplyDelete